#Hellomyname is and #Breastscreening

Home Forums Wommen network #Hellomyname is and #Breastscreening

This topic contains 80 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Julie Stein Hodgins. Julie Stein Hodgins. 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Shaheeda
    Shaheeda
    Keymaster

Obviously the chatter would have to be incorporated in to the art of positioning!!😁

Regards

S.Shaikh

Profile photo of Beverley Scragg
    Beverley Scragg
    Keymaster

Julie, yes I’ve altered my practice as digital mammography came in; I never used to bother for the CC views (top-to-bottom pics, y’all) but I do now for the whole lot. However, if I’m chatting to someone and they’re chatting back, I find my incredibly English-let’s-be-polite culture comes to the fore and i’m waiting for them to finish before I interrupt and ask them to hold their breath.

Terribly awkward when their breast is under compression, mind.

Radiographer, Mammographer, Gamer, Scout...... & MUM!!

Chatter..could include public health messages? Anyone brave enough? How do you do it?

Profile photo of Red
    Red
    Keymaster

Oh noo!! It is hard enough as it is. How about, leaflets and posters on display? Be nice to have a coffee and chat area.. ?! I feel is hard sometimes to give some ladies the extra time they need.
    I agree is an opportunity Shaheeda that maybe we don’t fully utilise 🤔
    Kerry

Profile photo of Geraldine Shires
    Geraldine Shires
    Keymaster

What sort of messages? I would think some clients could take things very personally so could be tricky!

Shaheeda
    Keymaster

Can mammographers predict which clients would prefer a chat or non chat?

Regards

S.Shaikh

Profile photo of Leslie
    Leslie
    Keymaster

It’s what AHPs are supposed to be doing now, Geraldine. Making every Contact Count

Senior Lecturer in Diagnostic Radiography, University of Salford

Profile photo of Red
    Red
    Keymaster

Sorry I meant to say Julie, it is hard following the forum on my phone
    😁
    Kerry

Health message can be totally breast related..I can ask..Do you know how to check for what is normal for you? and give a leaflet. We have leaflets about cervical and bowel screening as well. Maybe we could share public health messages next time here?

Shaheeda
    Keymaster

Public health messages could include info about smears, i have been asked many times regarding frequency of cervical smears and who to contact? Any of the other breastscreening staff bbeen asked?

Regards

S.Shaikh

Profile photo of Leslie
    Leslie
    Keymaster

I think these sorts of Public Health messages are much more appropriate than raising issues about weight and smoking which is what has been suggested

Senior Lecturer in Diagnostic Radiography, University of Salford

Kerry..you did brill.. We are newish to this form of chatting. Usually you can reply to a comment..but I have not been able to tonight

Shaheeda
    Keymaster

Yes definately Kerry we should have posters and leaflets so we can ATLEAST direct the clients

Regards

S.Shaikh

Profile photo of Geraldine Shires
    Geraldine Shires
    Keymaster

Yes I agree, much easier than talking about weight etc!

Profile photo of Beverley Scragg
    Beverley Scragg
    Keymaster

Gosh ,yes, Public Health messages too. Good call there, Shaheeda, I recall being asked that question myself! Leaflets to hand out would be helpful, and I really should know my onions when it comes to other forms of screening.

Radiographer, Mammographer, Gamer, Scout...... & MUM!!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.