#Hellomyname is and #Breastscreening

Home Forums Wommen network #Hellomyname is and #Breastscreening

This topic contains 80 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Julie Stein Hodgins. Julie Stein Hodgins. 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • Author

Time is always an issue isn’t it yes but I think as you say Geraldine with experience you can get the patter down to a fine art – the art lies in making the patter not sound like a recording like Kerry says. These are really useful comments for my new trainee mammographers next week 😊
    Claire

Profile photo of Leslie
    Leslie
    Keymaster

Here’s another about Conquest – Hastings. perhaps as well as your name you need to say you’re a mammographer. THere are several comments on the Patient Opinion site about mammography where the mammographer isn’t ‘titled’

Very well-run, extremely efficient as well as friendly clinic. Registrar, consultant radiologist and mammogram clinician all patient, kind and reassuring during a difficult time. If only all clinics were this well- resourced and staffed.

Senior Lecturer in Diagnostic Radiography, University of Salford

True Geraldine..I reckon..if I can get a laugh or a smile..I’v given a quality experience. I often say that no matter who comes thru the door we have to get a grade A image. We all have our ways to do this. Breast screening was set up origionally to follow the Blood Bank..system..invite, you can if you want system..we believe that breastscreening relies on the ‘word of mouth’ . We meet many women with many friends that are influenced by one experience. I am not concerned about posting on line. I am a registered proffessional anyway!

Profile photo of Beverley Scragg
    Beverley Scragg
    Keymaster

What do people prefer, do you think?

An interview about their clinical history, or a questionnaire? We have a questionnaire to save time in the room so that we can spend more time on the image; this is the hope – but is this friendly enough?

Radiographer, Mammographer, Gamer, Scout...... & MUM!!

Bev..asking them to hold their breathe works..

I do know what you mean Bev and also, after a mammo myself, I think I may find chatter a bit annoying. When you’re stood there half naked you really do want it over with swiftly and professionally.
    Claire

Profile photo of Shaheeda
    Shaheeda
    Keymaster

Questionnaire many clients will forget!

Regards

S.Shaikh

Profile photo of Geraldine Shires
    Geraldine Shires
    Keymaster

Just saying things like “you had a mammogram with us 3 years ago – have you had one anywhere else since then?” is better than asking “when did you have your last mammogram?” as it saves the client from having to search her memory and saves us time!

questionnaire for me

Sorry folks have to sign off now apologies
    Claire

Profile photo of Leslie
    Leslie
    Keymaster

Yep not one of these patients used the word mammographer. Here’s another

I visited this clinic yesterday for a consultation.

All staff were amazing. Kind, considerate and polite.

Especially the member of staff who operated the mammogram.

Profile photo of Geraldine Shires
    Geraldine Shires
    Keymaster

Even when I introduce myself as a radiographer or mammographer I still often get ladies saying “Thank you nurse” on the way out!

Profile photo of Leslie
    Leslie
    Keymaster

This is interesting (Ayreshire)

Having had two less than positive experiences during mammograms at local hospital, it was with trepidation that I attended the routine screening appointment at the mobile van in Ayr’s Asda car park.

I can’t say how relieved I am to say that it was a totally positive experience, made very easy by a fab radiographer – Sheona.

She was informative, chatty and clearly excellent at her job. What I was dreading turned into something akin to a chat with a friend. She’s an asset to the NHS. If only all radiographers were more like her!

Profile photo of Red
    Red
    Keymaster

We use questionnaires, we do double check the answers in the room. This is done in a statement summarising their answers. This works well but, many don’t complete before arriving. Again, allows control and leading swiftly to the mammo
    Kerry

Profile photo of Shaheeda
    Shaheeda
    Keymaster

The chatter could include health messages Public Health?…what are your thoughts?

Regards

S.Shaikh

They are good examples of practice everywhere..but not enough shouting out about it. As a Mammographer, I get ‘graded’ by my boss by how high is the number of poor my quality images..which are few, I might add, so we each find a way to support the woman to help us. It is the poor experiences that are remembered and shared. Thankfully Lesley is finding us the good ones. I ask clients to post online..but few do.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.