#Hellomyname is and #Breastscreening

Home Forums Wommen network #Hellomyname is and #Breastscreening

This topic contains 80 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Julie Stein Hodgins. Julie Stein Hodgins. 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)
  • Author

Welcome to our online chat tonight. Have you had a possitive experience with someone introducing themselves..or was it lacking?

Start a new post..or reply to a topic you want to continue. Refresh your screen and lets see where the ‘talking’ goes tonight. If you are a woman, someone working in mammography or just interested..please lurk or take part. Let us know how it was for you. Thank you for taking part. Julie

Profile photo of Leslie
    Leslie
    Keymaster

I might start in a controversial way. The best experience I had was from a mammo who was very professional but did not communicate with me at all except to tell me where to stand and what to do. I had every confidence in her assertive manner!

Senior Lecturer in Diagnostic Radiography, University of Salford

Profile photo of Shaheeda
    Shaheeda
    Keymaster

Hello everybody My name is Shaheeda & i am a mammographer

Regards

S.Shaikh

THanks Lesley..is that a good thing? An assertive manner?

Shaheeda
    Keymaster

Did the assertive manner make you feel nervous? Tense?

Regards

S.Shaikh

Profile photo of Leslie
    Leslie
    Keymaster

No it gave me the confidence that she knew exactly what needed to be done. That’s what I need when I go for a mammo

Profile photo of Leslie
    Leslie
    Keymaster

Shaheeda you seem to have an echo haha

Shaheeda
    Keymaster

Just making sure everybody can hear me!!😀😀

Regards

S.Shaikh

Profile photo of Leslie
    Leslie
    Keymaster

Do you think it’s just us three on here?

Profile photo of Geraldine Shires
    Geraldine Shires
    Keymaster

I think a professional manner is important and does inspire confidence but I think introducing yourself is also very important

THast’s great. So is it the manner of the health professional that gives you confidence in their skills? DId you feel you have control of the proceedure?

Profile photo of Leslie
    Leslie
    Keymaster

She might have introduced herself but that’s not the lasting impression (I’ve forgotten what her name is even if she did tell me). I didn’t particularly feel in control but I didn’t mind. I wanted her to be in control. Is that a bad thing?

Shaheeda
    Keymaster

Thats is good. The assertiveness is due to the very precise way we like to see the breast images. We have to think about the nipple, the pec, lateral medial borders and many more all within 6 mins!

Regards

S.Shaikh

4 so far Lesley

Profile photo of Red
    Red
    Keymaster

Can I ask was this your first mammo?Do you think you would have felt the same if this was your first time?
    I am a Mammographer and I always find ladies need some level of connection, be it a smile or sometimes more. In our role I believe we become skilled in ‘reading’ what a lady needs. Even if like in your case it is to be a minimal professional approach. What does others think?

Kerry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.